A penny for them...


Friday, September 30, 2005

Cologne, Germany

Arghh, where does the time go?

I know I said I'd update my blog yesterday, but I just haven't had time. It's now almost 9.00am friday morning and the house is quiet, so I'm updating while I have chance.

If you read my previous post you'll know we went to Cologne, Germany on Wednesday.

We started off at 7.45am and arrived around 11.30am. We had to wait to be unloaded though for an hour or so, so I sat reading magazines whilst hubby went off to talk to the other guys outside.

Cologne is home to the huge Gothic cathedral (Dom). Dating from 1248. I wish we'd have had more time to visit the main city and sample all that Cologne has to offer, but once again this was a business trip, so we were on a tight schedule.

On the way home we decided to stop off to eat, just a quick snack we said. We SAID we were not that hungry. So anyway, we pulled into this little restaurant and ordered one of the cheapest snacks on the menu, 5 euros. Special burger with fries it read. I expected a normal sized burger and a side-dish of fries. Oh ya! My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.

The plate was HUMUNGOS. Burger, salad, vegetables, egg, 3 different sauces, and a whopping dish of fries. Well, to cut a long story short, I was bloated, not that I HAD to eat it all right? but such a shame to waste food, and think of those starving people in the third world countries.. yeah so anyway I ate it all :-P

I've never felt so ill in a long time. My stomach was gurgling like a baby, and to tell the truth, I didn't eat a thing until the following afternoon, and then it was just an apple and a yoghurt. Ughhhh

So there you have it, a detailed account of events. Now I'm off to start the day, take my mom shopping and later I'm visiting folk on my blogroll.

Have a nice day!
Posted by Mandy :: Friday, September 30, 2005 :: 16 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------