A penny for them...


Sunday, August 07, 2005

A job!

Wow, it's been 4 days since my last post. This just won't do!
I promised myself I'd post every day or at least every other day.

Yesterday we went out for the day to a place called 'Neeltje Jans' in Zeeland Holland with my 9 year old nephew Joe. Walked along the beach before visiting the Waterpark and the famous storm surge barriers that were put into place following the 1953 flooding.

A photo on Flickr

A photo on Flickr

A photo on Flickr

Now onto something else.
This morning at 8.00am (yes sunday!) we went to visit a prospective client at an Art Gallery not far from us. After talking it through for the best part of 3 hours my hubby was given the job of maintaining their website, adding new content and generally keeping it updated.

What I didn't expect was a job offer too! My role would be to translate any Dutch text on her website into English and generally be the Artists marketing assistant. Yeehaw! a job for me. Now instead of lounging around the house everyday just taking care of my shop 'The bridalsuite' I have to go to the Art Studio once a week for the afternoon to help the Artist promote her work plus any work that I can take care of from home.

She's the 5th top Artist in Holland and already has various galleries throughout the country. She has her own line of sunglasses, handbags and other bits and pieces too. She's also a writer and has recently wrote a childrens book. On the 30th August she's presenting her work on television (RTL4) on a TV show called LIJN4 so I'm looking forward to that.

Now I'm off to make sandwiches for my hubby who's off to Germany tomorrow.

Toodlepip!
Posted by Mandy :: Sunday, August 07, 2005 :: 12 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------